Rochester, New York
August 18, 2020
About The Opportunity
Encloses wood skids or crates to ensure protection for shipment of the product. Trained in power tools and fork truck operations up to and including the loading and unloading of trucks and flatbeds.
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Shipping Crater pulls a work order from the job board.
- The Crater uses the work order to find the where and what the product is on the order. Once located the Crater then transports the items on their work order to their designated work area.
- The Crater will visually inspect to see verify all items on the work order are present.
- At their work area the crater will secure and enclose the product for transport.
- The Crater evaluates the size of the crate needed to best protect the product for transport. The Crater typically needs to create a custom wood crate for each order but has premade skids and stock boxes available.
- Then the Crater creates or modifies a premade wood skid to place the product on. The Crater uses plywood, Heat Treated 4x4’s and 2x4’s to enclose the product on the skid.
- Product is secured to skid via different methods. Since the product is so diverse the methods for securing the product can be diverse depending on the what material is in the work order. Metal banding, 2x4’s 4x4’s, cardboard cartons, envelopes and lag screws are all used to secure the product during transport. When requested the product is packed per customer specification.
- Rust inhibitors are applied to slow the rusting process on any unpainted steel surfaces.
- When the product is secured and crated the Crater will measure the weights and dimensions of the crates and record those measurements on the work order.
- The Crater hands in the work order completed to the shipping clerk box.
- Minimum Qualifications
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school education or equivalent; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time and operate machinery and/or lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to kneel, bend, stoop, walk or work in high precarious places. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, color vision and ability to adjust focus. PPE is required. WORKING CONDITIONS
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and equipment of various sizes. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes and airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually Required Skills
- Forklift operator - Shipper Work Authorization
- US Citizen
- Green Card
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.