August 18, 2020
AP Specialist III
About The Opportunity
- This position processes and maintains all aspects of the accounts payable cycle. Individual will cross-train with AP Manager and AP Leads on various manager job functions. Character traits desired include self-starter, problem solver, and ability to work both independently and in teams, and good communication and organization skills.
- This position is an advance role in the Accounts Payable department and may assign duties and provide work direction for Accounts Payable Specialist. Will be required to compile and prepare reports required by management including statistical metrics and productivity measures for AP department and staff. May also perform activities related to account follow-up, resolution and other vendor maintenance.
- Mon-Fri 8:00 AM- 5:00 PM
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Process payments for all invoices for various clients. Ensure all invoices are paid by the required due dates. Ensure appropriate authorization is present. Ensure matching to PO when applicable. Validate mathematical accuracy of the document and review coding. Responsible for processing American Express travel account invoices and AT&T bills to include obtaining appropriate approvals for payment.
- Responsible for establishment and maintenance of up-to-date authorization card files to ensure all invoices have proper approvals before processing for payment.
- Responsible for copying and distributing all inter company information to appropriate field locations by assigned due date.
- Respond to customer and vendor questions, and requests in a timely manner.Calls should be returned within a 24-hour period. All issues should be resolved as soon as possible. Prepare manual checks as requested Prepare stop payments as required and forward to Treasury. Ensure process for voiding and reissuing checks is followed.
- Ensure that W-9s are obtained for all vendors during the year General back-up for AP Lead Assist AP Manager and Lead with various special projects Complete special projects as needed. Ensure all projects are completed by specified deadlines. Cross-train with other Accounts Payable Specialists. Ensure ability to fill in as needed or required.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent Thorough knowledge of full cycle accounts payable required EDI Processing (a plus)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Detail and deadline oriented Team Player
- Excellent written and verbal skills required
- Excellent interpersonal skills B.Experience:
- Minimum five years of experience in accounts payable
- Advanced knowledge of accounts payable practices preferred
- Understanding of debits,credits, accrual methodology & general ledger processes
- Experience in review and processing of business expense reports for associates reimbursement
- Excellent organizational skills for file maintenance -- both paper and electronic Work Authorization
- US Citizen
- Green Card
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.