September 3, 2020
Customer Engineer – II
About The Opportunity
- The temp will be assisting the customer IT Security department with an operating system update project for both servers and desktops.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends on occasion.
- Willingness to travel within and outside the region.
- This is a contract opportunity and working hours is 40.
- Work hours 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Working days Monday to Friday.
- This position is ideal for a hands-on, well rounded engineer who desires to be involved in all aspects of the IT field. The position requires strong resource and time management skills for projects, systems analysis, systems design, systems implementation, and systems support. Individual will need to be self-motivated, detail and process oriented, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and have solid problem solving/trouble-shooting abilities.
- Designing, implementing, and trouble-shooting modern networks including but not limited to TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, switches, routers, firewalls, and wireless. Designing, implementing, and trouble-shooting multi-site Active Directory 2003/2008/2012 environments. Designing, implementing, and trouble-shooting Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2013 environments. Designing, implementing, and trouble-shooting multi-site WAN environments.
- Designing, implementing, and trouble-shooting on-premises networks with multiple WAN and VLAN configurations (including but not limited to cabling, routing, routing protocols, switching, internet, and overall network architecture). Designing, implementing and troubleshooting virtualization environments. Proven customer facing field experience. Designing, implementing and troubleshooting backup solutions both on-site and remote. Designing, implementing and troubleshooting storage area networks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- MCSE, MCSA, MCITP: Server Administrator, MCITP: Enterprise Administrator or equivalent hands on experience. Minimum of 4 years related hands-on work experience.
- Work experience must include supporting local area network connected devices or any equivalent combination of education and experience. CCNA or equivalent hands-on experience. CCNP or equivalent hands-on experience. Apple computer hands-on experience. VCP or equivalent hands-on experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Active Directory 2003/2008/2012 and Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2013. Proficient with the Microsoft Windows operating system (2003/2008/2012/XP/Vista/7). Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of products (XP/2003/2007/2010). Proficient with Cisco router, firewall, switch, and access point configuration and management. Extensive knowledge of MPLS, BGP, and OSPF.
- Expertise in routing and switching technology and terminology as well as the OSI model and how it applies to telecommunications. Proficient with Virtualization technologies including VMware ESX 4.0 and later. Proficient with Storage solutions – SAN/NAS.A Customer Engineer II is responsible for the planning, testing, implementation, and documentation of small to large projects and deployments for new and existing customer base.
- The location requires extensive walking since the complex is very large. Standing will be required at some kiosk-type desk locations within the complex. This is a fast-paced, high-security production environment so being able to move quickly is necessary. The temp can expect to lift laptops, desktops, and server machines, up to 50 lbs. unassisted. Anything over 50 lbs. will need to be handled by team lift; there are other team members at this site to assist. Getting down on the floor to organize computer cables or reset computers will be necessary. Parking is free for the temp. Driving is not required, however, the temp will be required to supply a driver’s license as well as a passport or original birth certificate. The temp will also be required to complete the customer’s security and safety training prior to working at the site. This is a high-security production facility with very specific rules, which include, but are not limited to:
- No camera or cell phone use inside facility.
- No outside laptops/tablets unless they are for a business need, approved for use by the IT manager, and are checked through security.
- No voice recorders.
- No tank tops, shorts, skirts, or capri pants in production areas. Dress code is casual (polo shirts/ blouses with well-fitting jeans or comfortable khakis without holes or rips, covering from the natural waist down are acceptable) given the production environment.
- No open-toed or high-heeled shoes. Comfortable and clean tennis shoes or other walking shoes are acceptable as long as they are closed-toed.
- No use of tobacco products inside facility/fence line; this includes vaping and/or smokeless tobacco.
- No food or drink allowed in the production area.
- Employees, including temps, are not allowed in many areas of the facility. It is imperative the temp follow instructions given to not go into secure locations. If temp does not follow security instructions, they will be escorted out of the facility, will not be paid for the day, and they will be told not to return. Again, it is critical that instructions are followed. COVID - Ricoh will provide PPE if the temp does not have their own. Social distancing is expected. Regular disinfecting of used work surfaces and computers by temp and other IT employees is expected as part of their daily routine. All other parts of the building, including restrooms and other common areas, will be disinfected by facility maintenance employees. Work Authorization
- US Citizen
- Green Card
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.