Raleigh, North Carolina
September 4, 2020
SQL DBA - Expert
About The Opportunity
The NC Community College System (NCCCS) is seeking one expert SQL DBA, with preference given to expertise in AWS, RedShift, and extensive SSIS experience. This position with work with the NCCCS in Raleigh, NC, and the 58 NC community colleges.
- ****Candidates will be allowed to work remotely. However, he/she does need to be onsite as required, likely once a week. The candidates will need to be in Raleigh so he/she can come onsite at short notice. Candidates need to be local to Raleigh, NC.
- The individual will be accountable for successful design, development and delivery of SQL solutions within on prem and cloud environments. An ideal candidate will be someone who leads, develops, maintains, and integrates processes for a data warehouse that will extract data from standardized or varied data sources and transforms data for storing in proper formats and structures for querying and analysis using SSIS. This would include loading data into an operational data store (ODS), and a dimensional model (EDM). Responsible for architecting, testing, implementation of solution as well as mentoring and training other SSIS/ETL developers in technology and business processes.
- Expected Skills: Able to work without assistance; can provide leadership to others; able to manage highly complex work efforts; may have advanced education; may have extensive industry experience. Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Data analysis and database management
- Strong experience using SSIS as the ETL tool in a data warehouse environment.
- Exercises, in conjunction with the enterprise data architect, independent decision making to creates processes which initiate the ETL, developing stream-lined processes for extracted data loading to destination databases.
- Performs data profiling of source data to identify data quality issues and anomalies, business knowledge embedded in data, gathering of natural keys, and metadata information.
- Creates data validation rules on source data to confirm the data has correct and/or expected values.
- Creates process cleanup after complex ETL processes which release resources used to run ETL. This would include error handling and SSIS restart.
- Designs and implements technology best practices, guidelines, and repeatable processes.
- (Physical) Environment-level administration; installation/patch/upgrade of database software; management of HA, database-level security; maintenance of database configuration files and data files; completion of database reorganizations, environment tuning, refreshes, exports and imports, backup and recovery; performance of capacity planning driven by technology and resource usage trends
- This work order is essential for service delivery of the following: A new System Office Analytical Data Warehouse in the cloud.
- The DBA Team has one (1) SQL Server Administrator on staff. These positions will work with the DBA team in conjunction with the Data Warehouse team.
- IT Industry Experience Required 8 Years
- Data Integration and ETL experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) Required 10 Years
- Experience in SQL programming Required 8 Years
- Experience in designing and developing ETL processes including naming conventions and experience connecting to various systems Required 5 Years
- Experience in identifying and mapping data elements across multiple systems including creating templates and best practices to maintain mappings Required 4 Years
- Strong understanding of data quality and validation Required 3 Years
- Understanding of Master Data Management (MDM), data warehouse/data marts Required 3 Years
- Clear understanding and experience with Microsoft platforms to include SSIS, DQS and MDS Required 3 Years
- Understanding of ITSM/ITBM. Preference given to staff who have knowledge of ServiceNow. Highly desired 2 Years
- Understanding and implementation of Amazon Redshift Highly desired 3 Years
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies, including AWS and Azure Required 3 Years
- Experience using Agile Scrum methodology Highly desired 3 Years
- Recent professional experience as an MS SQL DBA Required 5 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.