September 10, 2020
Heavy Equipment Operator
About The Opportunity
Responsible for preparing organic mixes using a heavy equipment loader, pushes piles to ensure segregation of materials and places material in the shakers to ensure the machines have a continuous flow of material. Skills and Competencies: Ability to operate and maintain heavy equipment (loader/dozer)- Ability to maintain stockpile slopes to ensure safe work environment- Ability to sit in a loader for many hours in a dusty, hot environment - Ability to climb into and out of equipment repeatedly- Knowledge of safe practice and procedures- Ability to read English and/or follow instructions, and communicate effectively. Ability to work in a dusty environment, hot/cold/rainy weather. Willingness to work mandatory overtime, including weekends and holidays. Major
- Prepares organic mixes by using the Bill of Materials to ensure the correct ingredients are used in the correct proportions
- Supplies the line with a continuous supply of material
- Pushes piles to ensure setbacks, pile height and stockpile shaping meets the criteria set by the Department of Environmental Health Services
- Performs a safety and equipment check before each use of the loader
- Receives load tickets from haulers, ensures accuracy, signs, accumulate until the end of the day and forwards the tickets in a neat and clean appearance to the office personnel for inventory entry
- Pumps diesel fuel into the loader by an electrical pump and ensures all safety practices are used to prevent injury
- Monitors the stock piles for excessive heat,turns stockpiles and ensures the proper amount of water is used to prepare the stockpile for production use
- Meets quality and quantity standards
- Performs the proper operation and minor maintenance of equipment
- Accurately verifies quantity of material.
- A high school diploma or GED
- A minimum of 2-5 years of experience operating heavy equipment.
- Prior experience working in a warehouse environment. Required Skills
- Heavy equipment operator Work Authorization
- US Citizen
- Green Card
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.