September 22, 2020
R&D Mechanical Engineer
About The Opportunity
- The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible to lead mechanical design activities implementing innovative and cost-effective product solutions to support the organization from prototype development through full-scale production.
- In this role as Senior Mechanical Engineer he/she provides the design and engineering, for all Cantel products, to ensure a fluent project development in accordance with Product Development procedure.
- The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible to develop goods, designed to meet product’s requirements in view of, sterilization, biocompatibility, design for manufacturability, assembly, and test, considering low and high volumes processes.
- The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible to support R&D Director, in projects management in order to guarantee activities execution in accordance with ISO 13485 standards and internal Cantel’s procedures
- Guarantee all activities related to products and processes development during project phases in accordance with Product Development procedure.
- Define product requirements from customer needs, ensuring clear traceability of design input to final design output.
- Lead and coordinate cross-functional team activities.
- Promote and lead review phases during product development (Risk analysis, DFMEA,PFMEA).
- Realize the engineering of the equipment needed to test the products developed.
- Provide high quality technical reports supported by simulations and/or lab tests.
- Guarantee updating, classification and filing of all project documentation in project dossier; these dossiers must be the base of the Device Master Record.
- Support R&D team to guarantee sustaining of existing products, through: change control, purchase price variances, value analysis, value engineering, corrective actions, preventive actions.
- Graduate in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science or equivalent (MS degree). A minimum 5 to 7 years of experience in product development within medical industry
- Experience in design of mechanical medical device and disposable parts.
- Experience in conducting usability study in accordance with IEC 62366-1 for Medical devices
- Experience with Statistical Method and Engineering Calculations.
- Prior experience working in medical device business Desired
- Experience in sterile packaging design and associated testing
- Design for mass manufacturing and assembly design for low cost.
- Understanding of Failure and root cause analysis.
- 3D CAD modeling, experience with SolidWorks Required Skills
- medical device design - 3d modeling - Root Cause Analysis Work Authorization
- US Citizen
- Green Card
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.