Las Vegas, Nevada
September 28, 2020
PRN –RN Burn ICU
About The Opportunity
- Schedule: Night shifts with rotating weekends / 3-12hr Shifts
- The Burn ICU RN manages the nursing care of critically ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient\'s discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required. License/ Certification/Registration:
- Current license in Nevada as a Registered Nurse.
- Will you accept pending license: Yes
- Current Certifications Required: BCLS upon hire – ACLS within 30days of start , NIHSS. Preferred: CCRN.
- Passing score on Critical Care Test/ Rhythm interpretation examination. Education:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing – BSN preferred Experience:
- 2+ years of current acute care hospital critical care experience Qualifications/Skills:
- Current knowledge and skills appropriate to the age/type of patient population served.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner appropriate to the developmental stage of the patient.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, walking, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds and exposure to patient elements and handling of emergencies and critical patient incidents. Special Notes:
- 10 Bed Burn ICU Private rooms
- Nurse to Patient Ratio: 1:2
- Teamwork is the bases of the culture on this unit
- Type of culture (management style) of director or on the floor: Team is core value of the unit developed by unit based council. Values and approach emphasized by floor manager.
- Compassion for not only for the patients but the families too
- This unit is looking for candidates that have strong commitment to improving patient outcomes. - Patient care is top priority
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.