Las Vegas, Nevada
September 28, 2020
NIGHTS - RN – Peds ICU
About The Opportunity
- Schedule: Fulltime – Nights shifts with rotating weekends / 3-12hr Shifts
- The Peds ICU RN manages the nursing care of critically ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient\'s discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- License/ Certification/Registration:
- Current license in Nevada as a Registered Nurse.
- Will you accept pending license: Yes
- Current Certifications Required: BCLS upon hire – ACLS & PALS within 30days of start Preferred: CCRN.
- Passing score on Critical Care Test/ Rhythm interpretation examination. Education:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing – BSN preferred Experience:
- 1+ years of current acute care hospital critical care experience ( Will consider any Critical care setting experience ( MICU,SICU,CCU,CVICU,Burn ICU) Qualifications/Skills:
- Current knowledge and skills appropriate to the age/type of patient population served.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner appropriate to the developmental stage of the patient.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, walking, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to
- 50 pounds and exposure to patient elements and handling of emergencies and critical patient incidents. Special Notes:
- 34 Bed ICU - Recently expanded the unit from 26 to 34 beds
- Nurse to Patient Ratio: 1 Nurse : 2 Patients; 1:1 for HACA, CRRT, donor, etc.
- Teamwork is the bases of the culture on this unit
- Type of culture (management style) of director or on the floor: Team is core value of the unit developed by unit based council. Values and approach emphasized by floor manager.
- What has and hasn’t worked with personality/skill types: Skills from other units that can translate to success in MICU is experience in ICU step-down unit, drip titration and management of critical ill patients.
- This unit is looking for candidates that have strong commitment to improving patient outcomes.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.