San Jose, California
October 1, 2020
Director of Medical Staff Services
About The Opportunity
- Schedule: Days (rotating weekends)
- Position Summary:
- Under general supervision, the director of Medical Staff Services is responsible for planning and organizing the operations of the Medical Staff Services is responsible for planning and organizing the operations of the Medical Staff Services. Department in a multi-hospital setting.
- Licensure/ Certification/Registration:
- REQUIRED CERTIFICATION – ( Either one not all 3 are required)
- Certified by the National Association of Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) or
- Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist- (CPCS) *** this cert has a 78% failure rate anyone that has it would be GREAT*** or
- Certified Professional In Medical Staff Management (CPMSM) Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelors Degree in related field preferred; Experience:
- 3 years supervisory experience; 5 years acute care hospital MSS experience.
- Must have acute care hospital experience
- MUST have leadership experience
- Medical Terminology; Medical Staff principles, structure and operations;
- Knowledge of the organization and functions of the hospital, which offers comprehensive range of patient care services. Aware of policies/procedures regarding chain of command, job responsibilities, and hospital performance improvement. Special Notes:
- Position reports to the CMO
- Unit has 2 credentialing coordinators (unit has some backlog to clean up)
- Should be thick skinned
- Facility has already spoke to and declined the following candidates: DO NOT SUBMIT
- Darlene O’Connor
- Pat Vasconcellos
- Mary Ann Rodriguez – Internal from Good Samaritan
- Jennifer Seguenza – offered and accepted played them for months and never started
- Brittany Welz – they liked her but she only wanted to work 2 days a week during COVID
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.