Raleigh, North Carolina
October 14, 2020
Technical Specialist - Expert
About The Opportunity
This position is needed for the successful development and implementation of the Electronic Insurance Verification (EIV) project. The requested resource must have experience developing SOAP based web services in the mainframe environment.
- The candidate will be allowed to work remotely until all staff return to site. At that point the candidate will be required to come onsite. The candidate will need to come onsite the first day to collect equipment.
- The Department of Information Technology (DIT) serves as the Technology Center for the State of NC. Services that DIT provides reach a client base of state and local government agencies, as well as schools, colleges and universities.
- This position is within the Transportation-Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Systems/Liability Insurance Tracking and Enforcement System (LITES) section, which supports state and federal laws requiring liability insurance on registered vehicles.
- This position is needed for the successful development and implementation of the Electronic Insurance Verification (EIV) project. The EIV project will improve roadway safety through better enforcement of vehicle insurance laws. The EIV projects requires significant changes to the Liability Insurance Tracking and Enforcement System (LITES). LITES is currently supported by 2 developers. As a result, the LITES support team does not have the resources required to support the EIV project and also provide basic application support. We are requesting the developer position in order to have the necessary resources to complete the EIV project. The requested resource must have experience developing SOAP based web services in the mainframe environment.
- This advanced position provides highly technical and complex analysis and programming for new development and maintenance/enhancements. This includes devising solutions to complex technical problems; following complex procedures; working independently with minimal supervision; investigating, researching and implementing new technologies; performing diagnostics; and providing production support. The primary function of this position will be to develop and support a SOAP based CICS web service that will be used to verify insurance coverage with selected insurance companies.
- Experience developing mainframe based SOAP Web Services Required 5 Years
- Experience developing mainframe programs using COBOL, CICS, DB2, and JCL. Required 7 Years
- The ability to evaluate and analyze existing specialized applications and define problems effectively to make recommendations. Required 5 Years
- Demonstrated experience in independently managing project timelines, resources, staff and implementation efforts. Required 5 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.