October 16, 2020
About The Opportunity
- Project Manager
- The Project Manager will lead the Department of Commerce Coronavirus Relief Funds (CRF) Grant programs through all phases of project planning including concept, development, implementation and execution. The Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing policy development, execution, and investment, in addition to developing and monitoring performance and accountability metrics and benchmarks for all projects. The Project Manager must work closely with staff from all divisions throughout the scope of each project to ensure effective and efficient teamwork throughout the project team.
- Essential Position Responsibilities
- Manage the Project team, including two project coordinators and one financial analyst
- Direct and manage the project development from beginning to end.
- Collaborate with Department of Commerce senior management team to define project scope, goals and deliverables that meet the mission, goals and priorities.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Develop full-scale project plans and coordinate project activities across all grant programs.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and track progress and milestones ensuring effective communication with team members, senior management team, and other stakeholders in a timely and clear method.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members, senior management team and other stakeholders. Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations to high-level stakeholders such as the legislature and senior management.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans. Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned in order to meet the objectives of the
- Department of Commerce CRF grant programs.
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field from an accredited college or university and five years of previous project management experience is required. Prefer an advanced degree in business or related field from an accredited college or university. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
- Ability to critically analyze project status based on numerous measures and indicators.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-paced and rapidly changing team environment.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including senior management, vendors and staff from each division.
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse audience including agency staff, senior management, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to identify issues and potential issues that could adversely affect project scope, schedule and cost.
- Excellent work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to explain complex information to others in an understandable manner
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team and to maintain positive working relationships with a diverse group of people
- Commitment to excellent customer service Other Duties as Assigned
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Work Environment
- This position will typically operate within the State of Kansas Capitol Complex, in a space that is appropriately social distanced. Modifications for remote work will be made, as needed to ensure public health and safety. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, feel or type; and reach with hands and arms.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.